Lowell Personal Injury Attorney
The personal injury lawyers at Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers have proudly represented accident victims throughout Massachusetts for many years. We know what these victims need to piece their lives back together after bad accidents, such as auto accidents or slip and falls. With our high success rate, collections won, and dedicated client care, we have what it takes to help you through a difficult time. If you or someone you love has injuries from an accident in Lowell, contact us 24/7 to arrange a free consultation with our Lowell personal injury attorneys.
Why Choose Us?
- Our personal injury lawyers will be there for you during your personal injury claim from start to finish.
- Our Lowell injury attorneys do not charge anything for initial case evaluations in Lowell, MA.
- Our law firm has highly qualified and experienced personal injury attorneys.
- Our clients enjoy open communication with their injury lawyers and peace of mind during cases.
Massachusetts’ Personal Injury Laws to Know
If you choose to hire a personal injury lawyer in Lowell, this can make the claims process much easier on you as an injured victim. Your lawyer will have years of experience navigating Massachusetts’ personal injury laws. A personal injury lawyer in Lowell will not allow you to make common mistakes, such as missing your state’s deadline to file or overlooking other important filing requirements.
- Statute of limitations. The statute of limitations in Massachusetts is a deadline for filing a personal injury lawsuit with the civil courts. Massachusetts law gives you no more than three years to file a personal injury claim, in most cases.
- Fault laws. Massachusetts is a no-fault auto insurance state. If you were injured in a car accident, the no-fault system means you will file a claim with your own insurer, even if you did not cause the accident. There is an exception, however, if your injuries are serious enough to allow you to step outside of the no-fault system.
- Comparative fault. During a personal injury claim in Massachusetts, your own fault for the accident (comparative fault or comparative negligence) could reduce your compensatory award. If the courts find that you share some level of fault for your injury, they will reduce your reward accordingly. If you share more than 50% of fault, you will not be able to recover damages.
Personal injury is a complex area of civil law. It is critical to protect your rights as an injured victim by hiring a lawyer in Lowell. The Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers can review your case for free and explain your rights during an insurance settlement or injury lawsuit. As your lawyers, we will help you navigate Massachusetts’ laws in a way that will boost your chances of success.
When You Need a Lowell Personal Injury Lawyer
While it is usually a good idea to consult with a lawyer about an accident in Lowell regardless of the circumstances, it is especially important to work with a Lowell injury attorney if an accident gave you serious or catastrophic injuries. A serious injury claim means there is more on the line. You may have lifelong medical expenses, including physical therapy or surgeries. It is important to obtain a fair and full award from the at-fault party for a serious injury, so you can afford the full amount of your medical bills now and in the future. As the victim of someone else’s negligence, you should not have to pay for expensive medical bills, lost wages, property damage repairs or other losses. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can increase the odds of your case ending with a fair monetary award.
Contact Our Lowell Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers, we accept many kinds of personal injury cases in Lowell and throughout Massachusetts. Our practice area list includes motor vehicle accidents, premises accidents, motorcycle accidents, defective products, medical malpractice, birth injuries, and wrongful death. Contact us today to find out if your case is the right fit for us. We will review your rights and legal options at no cost or obligation.