Haverhill Car Accident Lawyer
A car accident can lead to the most difficult and confusing time of your life. Unfortunately, you cannot trust a car insurance company to look out for your best interests. The best way to protect yourself is to hire a Haverhill car accident lawyer. If you’ve been injured in a car accident due to the actions of a negligent driver, contact Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers to arrange a free consultation. Our car accident attorneys in Haverhill can help you get your life back on track.
Why Choose Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers?
After a serious car accident, it’s important to take legal action as soon as you are able to. An experienced injury attorney will know the right steps to take while you are in the process of healing physically and emotionally. With the legal acumen and right resources to handle all aspects of your case, a Lowell personal injury lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
- The attorneys at Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers have years of experience with all types of serious motor vehicle accidents.
- Our Haverhill accident attorneys understand how serious car accidents can impact your life. We want to help you get the most out of your recovery.
- The Haverhill car accident attorneys at Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers will collect all of the evidence needed to build a strong case, resulting in getting a fair settlement for you or taking the case to court.
How Can a Haverhill Car Accident Attorney Help?
It is important to contact a Haverhill car accident attorney after a serious car accident. A serious auto accident is one that gave you or a loved one severe injuries, such as broken bones or a traumatic brain injury. Serious injuries often require lifelong treatments, therapies, and medical care. In this situation, you cannot afford to accept less than you deserve from an insurance company. Hiring a Haverhill personal injury lawyer can ensure maximum compensation for your losses. Handing your claim over to an experienced legal professional can make the claims process easier for you and your family. Your car accident attorney can handle all the difficult aspects of your claim, such as working with the insurance company, for you while you focus on recovering.
Massachusetts Car Accident Statistics 
- 7,920 crashes have been reported YTD.
- 27 fatalities from car accidents have been reported YTD.
- 100 pedestrian accidents have been reported YTD.
Important Car Accident Laws in Massachusetts
Car accidents can happen for many reasons. From truck accidents to defective car parts, it’s impossible to predict when or why a car crash can occur. One of the most important reasons to hire a Haverhill car accident lawyer is for assistance navigating Massachusetts’ car accident laws. Failing to abide by the laws that are relevant to your case could result in the courts dismissing your claim. The team at Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers can help you understand and work around all of the rules related to your crash case in Massachusetts.
- No-fault car insurance law. Massachusetts uses a no-fault system for insurance claims, meaning you will pursue benefits from your own auto insurer, even if you did not cause the car accident. If you have serious injuries, however, you will be able to file a fault-based claim against the other driver of the car or motorcycle instead.
- Comparative negligence rule. If the other driver tries to allege that you contributed to the car accident, comparative negligence could diminish your compensatory award. The courts will reduce your recovery by your percentage of fault. As long as you are less than 50% responsible, you can still recover partial compensation.
- Statute of limitations for filing a car accident claim. In general, injured claimants in Massachusetts have no more than three years from the dates of their car accidents to file under the statute of limitations. If you did not discover your crash injuries until later, you will have three years from the date of discovery. Contact our Haverhill car accident attorney right away to stay within your deadline.
Our accident attorneys in Haverhill have years of experience dealing with car accident laws and statutes in Massachusetts. We know exactly what insurance companies, judges and juries are looking for when they assess car accident claims. With our assistance, you can bring a strong claim to damages against the responsible party in Haverhill.
What Is the Serious Injury Threshold in Massachusetts?
The no-fault insurance rule in Massachusetts restricts your ability to file only to your own insurance company unless special circumstances apply. Before you can file a third-party insurance claim against the at-fault driver, you must show that your injuries meet Massachusetts’ serious injury threshold. This threshold is $2,000.
To file outside of the Commonwealth’s no-fault insurance law, you must prove that your medical expenses related to the car accident cost at least $2,000, or that they gave you a disability, disfigurement, scarring or another serious injury. If your case meets this threshold, you can hold the other driver accountable for your losses. This may result in more compensation than a first-party insurance claim.
Speak to a Haverhill Car Accident Attorney Today
You should not have to pay out of pocket to repair your damaged vehicle, replace a totaled vehicle, pay your medical bills or make arrangements after the wrongful death of a loved one. At Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers, we work tirelessly to assist car accident victims and their loved ones with legal claims. We can help you understand and protect your rights after a serious car accident in Haverhill. Contact us today to begin your case with a free initial consultation at our local law office.