Haverhill Wrongful Death Attorney
At Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers, we are truly sorry if you have to contact us about the unexpected death of a loved one. Wrongful death is the most devastating outcome of someone’s negligence. Our compassionate wrongful death attorneys can work closely with you during this difficult time to bring a strong claim to damages. While we know that no amount of money will make up for your loss, we hope legal assistance can give you peace of mind and financial stability when you need it the most.
How a Wrongful Death Attorney Can Help
Our Haverhill personal injury lawyers will start your case by sitting down and talking about the accident with you. We want to give your deceased loved one an accurate voice in the civil justice system. We will get to know you and your family through one-on-one consultations. Then, we will customize a legal strategy suited for your specific needs. Our Haverhill wrongful death attorneys will take the time to answer your legal questions and keep you updated about the status of your claim. When you trust us with your case, you will not only get a legal advocate. You will have someone who empathizes with your situation and will do everything possible to help.
How to File a Wrongful Death Claim in Haverhill, Massachusetts
We recognize that legal action may be the last thing on your mind while grieving the loss of a family member. It is important, however, to pursue compensation as soon as possible for a valid claim against a negligent party. You or your wrongful death lawyer will need to take certain steps to bring a case in Haverhill.
- Find out if you have grounds for a claim. In Massachusetts, the definition of wrongful death is the loss of life due to the negligence, wanton disregard, reckless act, or breach of warranty of another person.
- Obey the statute of limitations. You must file your claim in Massachusetts within at least three years of the date of your loved one’s death, or three years of the date the administrator should have known a wrongful death claim was available.
- Hire a wrongful death attorney. Before you begin the claims process, retain an attorney for assistance. Your lawyer will be able to fill out and file claims paperwork on your behalf, avoiding common mistakes.
- File the claim if you are the personal representative of the estate. In Massachusetts, the executor or administrator of the deceased person’s estate is typically the person responsible for filing a wrongful death claim.
- Seek fair compensation for your loved one’s passing. You and your lawyer can request an appropriate amount to reimburse your family for expenses related to the wrongful death, including funeral and burial expenses, lost earnings, mental anguish, and loss of consortium.
If you believe you have grounds for a wrongful death claim after the loss of someone you love, do not hesitate to speak to an attorney about your situation. A wrongful death lawyer can explain your rights and walk you through each stage of the legal process. You do not have to go through this tough time alone.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Haverhill
Any act of negligence or recklessness could lead to the preventable loss of life in Haverhill. Common causes of wrongful death in Massachusetts are motor vehicle accidents, premises accidents, pedestrian accidents, defective products, criminal acts, motorcycle accidents, workplace and construction accidents, truck accidents, and medical malpractice. At Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers, our wrongful death attorneys accept cases involving many causes of death. Find out if we can take your claim during a free consultation.
Contact Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers Today
Wrongful death is something no family should have to endure. If you are going through this terrible tragedy, know that you may have legal rights as a surviving spouse, parent, child, or another relative. Hiring a lawyer can help you rest assured in the future of your claim. Our wrongful death lawyers in Haverhill can speak with you about your unique situation. Call our local law office or contact us online today to schedule your free case review.