Haverhill Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love is injured from an accident in Haverhill, the personal injury attorneys at Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers can serve by your side as your legal advocates. We will draw on years of legal experience in many different practice areas, as well as our insider knowledge of the law to create an aggressive legal strategy on your behalf. We will do what it takes to help you put the pieces of your life back together. Learn more about how we can help you. Schedule a free consultation today.
Why Choose Our Haverhill Personal Injury Lawyers?
- We are not a mill-type law firm that accepts as many cases as possible and passes them off to paralegals. Our lead lawyers spend personal time and attention on each case.
- We can make the legal process as easy as possible for you. Our goal is to help you move forward with your life. We will guide you through each stage of your claim.
- We obtain fair and full settlements and verdicts for our clients through a dedication to justice. We are passionate personal injury attorneys in Haverhill, Massachusetts.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Accept
When searching for the right injury lawyer to hire after an injury in Haverhill, you must confirm that the personal injury attorney accepts your type of case. There are many subsets within the category of personal injury law. Find an attorney near you with experience handling accidents similar to yours. While each case and client are unique, the right practice area experience can ensure knowledge and skill in the correct subject.
- Car accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Bus/public transit accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective products
- Construction accident
- Fatal accidents/wrongful death
This is not a full list of every type of case we accept at Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers. Contact us for a one-on-one consultation after a serious injury from any type of accident in Haverhill. We will aggressively advocate for your rights during insurance settlement negotiations and/or a personal injury lawsuit in Essex County.
Massachusetts’ Personal Injury Laws
Knowing your rights can be difficult as the first-time victim of an accident in Massachusetts. You will need to follow Massachusetts’ fault and liability rules, as well as the statute of limitations and other laws.
- No-fault car insurance rule. If you were injured in a car accident, you will file a no-fault claim with your own company, regardless of who caused the crash. The only exception is if you have serious injuries.
- Comparative fault. If you share some fault for your own injury, the courts of Massachusetts may reduce your compensation accordingly. You can still recover partial compensation, however, as long as you share less than 50% of the fault.
- Statute of limitations. In general, an injured victim will have three years from the date of his or her accident (or of injury discovery) to file a personal injury lawsuit in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Compensation available. A successful injury claim in Massachusetts can reimburse a victim for losses such as lifelong medical expenses, past and future pain and suffering, losses of income, lost quality of life, legal expenses, punitive damages, and more.
The need to know the law is part of why it is so important to connect with an attorney after an accident in Haverhill. Our lawyers are available 24/7 to assist clients with the complicated personal injury claims process.
Contact Merrimack Valley Injury Lawyers Today
Learn more about your particular personal injury case during a free consultation with our lawyers in Haverhill, Massachusetts. We care about injured victims in our community and will work relentlessly to bring the responsible party to justice. Contact us today to schedule your initial case review.